The Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship Program seeks to support African graduates in science fields related to plant nutrition and the management of nutrients applied to crops. Intending applicants must be attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) was created in March 2019 as a not-for-profit Moroccan Association. APNI’s founding staff include 20 multi-national scientists located in four offices. The headquarters is co-located on the campus of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) in Benguérir, Morocco. Other offices are placed in Nairobi, Kenya; Yamoussoukro, Cote D’Ivoire; and Settat, Morocco to serve the needs of continental Africa.
APNI staff possess years of experience in research and development work directly in Africa as well as other regions. APNI evolved from the former International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI), which was a global research and education organization working across the Americas, Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Oceania
At the core, APNI has the mandate of developing and promoting the sustainable management of plant nutrients, thereby contributing towards the Green Revolution in Africa. To accomplish this goal, APNI addresses the major soil fertility, crop production, and food security challenges across the continent.
Eligibility Criteria For The Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship Program:
- Applicants must currently be attending a degree-awarding institution located in Africa
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. degrees, must be currently enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline.
- M.Sc. and M.Phil students must be in the second year of their studies to be eligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural science or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition are encouraged to apply
- You must not be a past winner of the Award
Eligible countries: Africa
Type: Masters, PhD
Award Value: $2000
Number of Awards: 10
Method of Application: Visit this link for complete guidelines on how to apply for this program
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023.