Closing Date: Varies
Great news! the 2023 GREAT Scholarships in the UK application is still ongoing. Intelligent applicants who desire to further their academics in the UK are encouraged to apply for the 2023 GREAT Scholarships in the UK offered by various reputable Institutions in the UK.
2023 GREAT Scholarships
The 2023 GREAT Scholarships is offering students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses.
In the academic year 2023-24, over 200 scholarships are being offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Terms and conditions for 2023 GREAT Scholarships
- Scholarships will be open only to target country passport holders, and in respect of China, mainland passport holders only.
- The scholarship can only be used towards tuition fees.
- UK HEIs should award the scholarships by 30 June 2023.
Application deadlines may vary for individual institutions.
- The Study UK team must be informed of any other scholarships awarded to a GREAT scholar in the same academic year.
- The profile of a GREAT scholar below outlines the requirements of the scholarship and should be used for reference.
Selected Countries for 2023 GREAT Scholarships
2023 GREAT Scholarships are available to outstanding students from various countries below. To see which scholarships are on offer in your country and how to apply;
Every scholarship is funded jointly by the GREAT Britain Campaign, an initiative of the government of the United Kingdom, the British Council, and participating higher education institutions in the United Kingdom.
All GREAT scholars will receive an invitation to attend a welcome event during the first semester of the program, and they will be invited to a networking event during the second semester of the program.
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of a GREAT target country.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable entry into a postgraduate program at one of the UK universities taking part in the GREAT Scholarships campaign.
- be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course.
- be active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- to meet the English language requirement and other academic requirements of the UK HEI.
- be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI.
- be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment.
- represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships.
- be willing to attend events or participate in other activities organized by Study UK and the British Council for all UK-based GREAT scholars, including social media activities to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to demonstrate future contributions to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education.
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the GREAT
Scholarships, by sharing experiences of studying in the UK with future GREAT scholars.
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing, occasionally, to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK.
Application Procedures for 2023 GREAT Scholarships in the UK
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship web pages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Eligibility Criteria for 2023 GREAT Scholarships
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of a GREAT target country.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK