The Shawki Saad Scholarship is a fully funded programme to support students ordinarily resident in Sub-Saharan Africa. The programme is funded by a generous endowed gift from the late Professor Shawki Saad, with one scholarship awarded each year for the next four years.
Imperial College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1907 and is known for its focus on science, engineering, medicine, and business. Imperial College London offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including engineering, science, medicine, business, and humanities.
The university has a strong research focus and is home to numerous research centers and institutes, including the Imperial College Business School, the Grantham Institute for Climate Change and the Environment, and the Institute for Global Health Innovation. Imperial College London is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the world, and it has a diverse student body, with students from over 130 countries.
Eligibility Criteria For The Shawki Saad Scholarship :
- Applicants must be Africans
- Applicants must have completed their masters and undergraduate degree program
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Number Of Awardees: 4
Value Of Scholarships: The programme will fully cover the cost of overseas tuition fees for 3 years, a monthly living cost stipend (£19,668 2022/23) for 3.5 years and travel costs (flight and visa) for the successful applicant.
Method of Application;
- Find a PhD supervisor. Visit the research and academic staff pages of our website to help identify topics of interest and potential supervisors. Contact your preferred supervisor(s) directly, to discuss potential projects and funding options.
- Submit your PhD application for admission through the Registry online admissions systems by the deadlines listed below for each scholarship round. More information on the application process can be found here. Online applications should only be submitted after a potential academic supervisor has expressed sufficient interest in your application. All scholarship applications must be supported by an academic supervisor.
Application Deadline: 26th May 2023