The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is a prestigious initiative designed to support international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees at universities in South Korea. This scholarship program is dedicated to offering students from around the world the chance to engage in advanced studies at Korean higher education institutions, fostering the development of global leaders and nurturing networks that promote international goodwill towards Korea.
For the year 2024, the Global Korea Scholarship program is specifically focused on providing opportunities for international students seeking to pursue their undergraduate degrees in South Korea. It reflects the Korean government’s commitment to enhancing global education and fostering cross-cultural exchange by welcoming talented individuals to experience high-quality education in Korea. Through this scholarship, aspiring students can embark on their academic journeys and contribute to the strengthening of international ties with South Korea.
Applicants must apply either to a Korean Embassy where they hold citizenship (embassy track) or directly to one of the designated universities (university track).
Please contact the first ground of selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
As for the application guidelines and FAQ, please refer to the attached files
Applications (Embassy, University) are expected from:
- Undergraduate: Mid September 2023 to October 2023*
- Graduate: Mid February 2024 to March 2024
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
The Global Korea Scholarship is thoughtfully crafted to offer international students valuable opportunities for academic pursuits at renowned higher education institutions in South Korea. This scholarship program is dedicated to promoting international educational exchanges and fostering strong bonds of friendship and cooperation between South Korea and the participating countries.
Its overarching goal is to encourage and facilitate international students to pursue academic degrees in South Korea, thus enriching the landscape of global education and fostering lasting relationships between South Korea and the nations involved in the program. Through this scholarship, students can embark on a transformative educational journey that not only enhances their academic pursuits but also contributes to the strengthening of international connections and global understanding.
Requirements For The Korean Government Scholarships Programme
To be eligible for the Korean Government Scholarship:
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
- Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea – The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
- The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
- Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
Method of Application
- 2024 GKS-U Application Guidelines (Korean).pdf [741878 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U Application Forms.docx [102843 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U FAQ.pdf [478282 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U University Information.zip [32663055 byte]
- 2024 GKS-U Promotion Poster.pdf [14929460 byte]
Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
Applicants can apply for the Korean Government Scholarship through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
For More Information,