Great news! Application for the 2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students is now available.
Are you passionate about advancing your career? Do you know that DAAD scholarships are one of the most sought-after scholarships in the world by outstanding and impeccable students from across the globe? Hurry now to begin applying for the 2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students.
Closing Dates: August-October 2023 (annual)
Scholarships from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) allow foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to pursue a doctoral degree and obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
This scholarship grant is available to students applying to any school in German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses.
Area of Study for 2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students
Masters or Ph.D. courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students Scholarship Perks
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of a family
The scholarship period for Master’s is 12 to 24 months (depending on the institution) and 42 months for PhD.
Eligibility for 2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students:
The typical scholarship recipient is:
- Is currently working in a developing country for a public authority, a state or private company, and as such is involved in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies affecting technological, economic, or social areas.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (typically four years) in a related field.
- At the time of application, has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor’s).
Who can apply for 2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students?
Graduates with at least two years of professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
What can be funded by 2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the
- His/her academic degrees should not be older than six years.
- For German language courses (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Before beginning the study course, you must pass the DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 language exam. As a result, a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is required, which must be documented with a certificate.
- For English courses: Proof of adequate language skills in accordance with the course regulations.
Application documents needed for 2024 DAAD Scholarships in Germany For International Students
Applications have only to be sent to the respective course directly! Please refer to their respective websites for the application procedure (e.g. online application), for the application deadline and the documents to be submitted.
Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university.
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
Documents needed for Application
Required documents (in the following order):
- Completed and signed checklist
- DAAD application “Application for a research/study scholarship” (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps (please use the europass template including exact information about your studies and practical experience
- One Letter of Motivation with detailed reference to academic, professional, and personal reasons for applying for the program.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), please also give detailed reasons for your choice of courses and prioritization in the letter of motivation. Please submit a uniform letter of motivation to all postgraduate degree programs of your choice.
[Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must include an official letterhead, signature, and official stamp and must be of a current date (not in a sealed envelope)]
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) showing at least two years of relevant work experience after the Bachelor’s degree up to the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home. The certificate of employment from the current employer should, if possible, include a guarantee of re-employment after returning to the home country.
- Recent proof of Language Skills:
o English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
o German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates. Please provide a certified translation if the original is not in German or English, and make sure these are clearly legible.
- Copy of your full set of transcripts of records. Please provide an explanation of the grading system if this is not part of the transcript.
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.