The Internship Programme at Food And Agriculture Organization serves as a valuable learning platform, dedicated to attracting and nurturing talented young individuals. This initiative seeks out highly motivated individuals, both women and men, who are eager to contribute their fresh perspectives, innovative ideas, and recent research experiences to further FAO’s mission. The programme is designed to provide selected students, whether enrolled in under-graduate, graduate, or post-graduate degree programmes, or recent graduates, with a unique opportunity to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and practical work assignments within fields aligned with FAO’s scope of work.
By participating in this programme, interns gain invaluable insights into FAO’s mandate and its diverse array of programmes, enhancing their comprehension of the organization’s mission. In return, FAO benefits from the assistance of these qualified individuals, who bring specialized expertise in fields directly related to FAO’s Strategic Objectives and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This collaborative endeavor aligns with FAO’s commitment to fostering a new generation of talent and expertise dedicated to addressing global challenges and advancing sustainable development.
FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
Requirements For The Food And Agriculture Organization (FAO) Undergraduate/Graduate Internship Programme
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one Food And Agriculture Organization language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second Food And Agriculture Organization language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or Food And Agriculture Organization language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by Food And Agriculture Organization under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/Functional Skills: Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application through the Food And Agriculture Organization recruitment portal. Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile.
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
Method of Application
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at Food And Agriculture Organization and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- You are requested to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates who are not selected before the closing date and wish to be continuously considered for an assignment are requested to re-apply to the new Calls.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023.
For More Information,