Applications are now open for the 2024 Vickie Remoe Prize for Journalism and New Media. This prestigious award is available to Sierra Leonean residents residing within the country. Women and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this esteemed recognition.
The Vickie Remoe Prize seeks to honor emerging journalists and innovative new media content creators for their excellence, originality, and creativity. A board appointed by the Vickie Remoe Prize Board will meticulously select the winners, with the announcement scheduled for April each year.
The annual awards will be presented across four distinct categories: news writing, photography, broadcasting (TV), and content creation. In each category, the prizes will be equally distributed between male and female applicants. Should there be no submission from either gender in one or more categories, the prize will be carried over to the subsequent year. For the year 2024, the maximum prize amount to be awarded is nLe. 200,000.
The Vickie Remoe Prize for Journalism and New Media is a prestigious annual award that recognizes and celebrates the remarkable work of emerging journalists and innovative content creators in Sierra Leone. It was established to honor excellence, originality, and creativity in journalism and new media within the country.
This distinguished prize is open to Sierra Leonean residents residing in Sierra Leone. It places a particular emphasis on encouraging the participation of women and individuals with disabilities, aiming for diverse representation and inclusivity in the field of media.
The prize is divided into several categories, encompassing news writing, photography, broadcasting (TV), and content creation. Each category equally distributes the awards between male and female applicants, reinforcing gender equality and representation in media recognition.
The selection process is overseen by the Vickie Remoe Prize Board, a panel responsible for carefully evaluating submissions and identifying the most deserving winners. Announcements of the winners are typically made annually in April, providing a platform to showcase and honor the exceptional talent and contributions within the journalistic and new media landscape in Sierra Leone.
Eligibility Criteria For The Vickie Remoe Prize for Journalism and New Media
- All applicants must be residents of Sierra Leone and hold Sierra Leonean citizenship.
- Candidates applying for the news writing prize must have no more than five years of experience as a practitioner.
- All other categories, including photojournalism, film, and content creation, are excluded.
- No newsprint candidates can apply, no matter their years of experience.
- There is no age limit for participation.
- Women and People Living With disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Near and extended family members of Vickie Remoe are not ineligible. Vickie Remoe & Company staff and their family are also ineligible.
Terms and Conditions
- You must provide the Vickie Remoe Prize with your name, email, and address.
- The entrant must confirm that they are the sole copyright holder of the material or have been authorized by another copyright holder to submit the material to this competition.
- The Vickie Remoe Prize recognizes that the entrant retains complete copyright ownership in each submission.
- Applicants must accept that the Vickie Remoe Prize may use any media submitted to the competition to enable the delivery of the prize through the Vickie Remoe Prize and for future publicity and marketing purposes for up to five years.
- The Vickie Remoe Prize will not be liable for any costs incurred in the application process for this award. The application is free. We are not responsible for your internet data or anything else you may have to pay to submit this application.
- Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted for any reason.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2024.
For More Information,