Application closes: Not Specified
Hurray! Applications are invited for the Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship at California State University for Visually Impaired Students in the United States in 2023.
Begin your academic journey today by applying for the Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship for Visually Impaired Students in the United States in 2023.
2023 Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship
Applications are open to all outstanding and motivated students who wish to pursue their academic goals but lack the financial means to do so.
The Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship is offered solely to college students who are blind or have some other form of visual impairment. It is possible to trace its roots all the way back to the year 1991 when it was established in order to provide assistance to students attending San Francisco State University and San José State University.
After Mr. Schoettler passed away in 2001, the estate he left behind was kind enough to make a bequest to the California State University system in the amount of $4.8 million. Because of this significant investment, the present financial aid program of the California State University system, which was initially geared towards students who were legally blind, was able to be extended to cover all 23 campuses. As a direct consequence of this, students with visual impairments who are enrolled at any of the CSU’s now have access to this one-of-a-kind scholarship opportunity.
Cal State Fullerton is pleased to offer a wide variety of scholarships and awards to honor outstanding achievement. Nearly $2 million in scholarships and awards is paid annually at Cal State Fullerton . Students apply for scholarships and are nominated for awards.
In addition to scholastic achievement, financial need and other factors may be considered in the selection process. Read and follow the “application procedure” for each scholarship or award in which you are interested. Pay close attention to the scholarship deadlines because different scholarships have different deadlines. Due to the large number of applications received, non-selected applicants are not notified.
Important Note: Disbursement of a scholarship is dependent on the criteria set by the donor. Recipient of a scholarship should be aware of the requirements of the awarded scholarship for disbursement.
Please allow up to 4-6 weeks starting from the date Student Business Services receives your scholarship check to process your scholarship funds.
About California State University
California State University Fullerton, as a significant school within the California State University system, serves as a vital hub for intellectual and cultural activity in Southern California. It not only contributes considerably to the region’s labour and economic development, but it also seeks to be a forerunner in fostering student success.
The California State University, Fullerton is developing as a national model in this area by implementing innovative approaches to education and delivering interesting co-curricular experiences. One of its prominent projects is the promotion of faculty-student collaborative research, which improves the learning environment and increases opportunities for students to actively participate in cutting-edge academic endeavors.
How to Apply for Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship at California State University :
To begin the process of applying for scholarships at CSUF, follow these steps:
- Access your CSUF portal by visiting the official CSUF website and logging in with your credentials.
- Once logged in, navigate to the left-hand side of the portal where you will find various applications and tools.
- Locate and click on the “Scholarships” app. This will direct you to the scholarship application section.
- Follow the onscreen instructions provided within the application. Make sure to carefully read and understand each step.
- Complete the 2023-2024 CSU Systemwide Scholarship Application by filling out the required information and providing any necessary documents or materials.
- Review your application before submission to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Submit your application within the specified deadline to be considered for scholarships at CSUF.
By following these steps and completing the CSU Systemwide Scholarship Application, you will take an important step towards potential financial support for your academic journey at CSUF.
Eligibility Criteria for Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship:
The eligibility criteria for this award include:
- being open to all continuing part-time undergraduate and graduate students in any major field.
- Must maintain enrollment in 6.1 units or more during the academic year when receiving the award.
- Have a visual disability that hinders the educational process and requires accommodations, support services, or programs.
- Provide verification from a medical health professional, including best-corrected visual acuity notations.
- Possess a GPA of at least 2.8.
- Applicant must be legally blind.
- Demonstrated financial need.