To encourage excellent students, the University of Leeds is offering a Business School Economics Division Scholarship. This scheme is available for the 2021/2022 academic year.
This award is open to home and international applicants and covers full tuition fees for those who wish to pursue a PhD degree programme.
The School is one of the best institutions in the UK, ranked in the top 100 universities globally (QS rankings 2020) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
- University: University of Leeds
- Department: Business School Economics
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Full tuition fees plus a maintenance grant
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities, including the UK
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The awards are available for new Postgraduate Researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research study leading to the degree of PhD.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this application, candidates should ideally have a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree. Also, they should hold a British Masters degree (or equivalent degree from an overseas university) or an equivalent professional qualification with a minimum average score of 60% (or equivalent), and in an appropriate academic discipline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this application, you should follow these steps:
- Stage 1 – first of all, apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form. You will be expected to meet our eligibility criteriafor PhD candidates, including the English language requirements if your first language is not English once you have received your student ID number (a nine-digit number) move onto stage 2.
- Stage 2 – apply for the Leeds University Business School Economics Division studentship by working your way through the application form found here.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit a copy of your degree certificate, transcript, or a partial transcript if you’re still studying, personal statement, two academic references, an up-to-date CV, letter of sponsorship, if you need one.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The minimum English language entry requirement for research postgraduate research study in the Leeds University Business School is an IELTS of 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each component (reading, writing, listening and speaking) equivalent. The test must be dated within two years of the start date of the course to be valid.
The programme will provide the following study expenses:
- The award will cover full fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees.
- A maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate (£15,285 in Session 2020/21).