The School of Earth & Environment International Excellence Scholarships support international students to fulfil their academic potential and contribute to the social and cultural diversity of our student community. This is why the University of Leeds in The United Kingdom is receiving applications for the School of Earth & Environment International Excellence Scholarships. These competitive scholarships are awarded to particularly deserving candidates in the form of a tuition fee deduction.
Many of the academic departments have specialist research facilities, for use by staff and students to support research from internationally significant collections in university libraries to state-of-the-art laboratories. These include those hosted at the Institute for Transport Studies, such as the University of Leeds Driving Simulator which is one of the most advanced worldwide in a research environment, allowing transport researchers to watch driver behaviour in accurately controlled laboratory conditions without the risks associated with a live, physical environment.
With extensive links to the St James’s University Hospital through the Leeds School of Medicine, the university operates a range of high-tech research laboratories for biomedical and physical sciences, food and engineering – including clean rooms for bionanotechnology and plant science greenhouses. The university is connected to Leeds General Infirmary and the institute of molecular medicine based at St James’s University Hospital which aids integration of research and practice in the medical field.
The university also operate research facilities in the aviation field, with the Airbus A320 flight simulator. The simulator was devised with an aim to promote the safety and efficiency of flight operations; where students use the simulator to develop their reactions to critical situations such as engine failure, display malfunctioning and freak weather.
Eligibility Criteria For The School of Earth & Environment International Excellence Scholarships :
- Applicants must be able to evidence an outstanding academic track record
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate how you strive for and achieve excellence in your professional and personal experiences through your work history and extracurricular activities
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements page.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Awards: 25% tuition fee reduction
Number of Awards: 10
Eligible Field of Studies: Scholarship is awarded in given subjects offered by the university:
- Climate Futures: Science, Society and Politics MSc
- Environment and Development MSc
- Sustainable Cities MSc
- Sustainable Food Systems MSc
- Structural Geology with Geophysics MSc, Engineering Geology MSc, Exploration Geophysics MSc
Method of Application: Applicants must first apply for a master’s degree. After that, applicants must complete the online application form.
- Friday 10 March 2023
- Friday 12 May 2023