The VCLA Female Scholarships if for Female students who want to enroll in one of Austria’s master’s programs in mathematics or computer science are eligible for the scholarship program. Helmut Veith, an Austrian scientist, worked in a variety of subjects. Applicants who are interested in gaining a strong mathematical and technological foundation in at least one of those fields will get a full tuition waiver and EUR 6,000 each year.
Applications for the Helmut Veith Stipend, honoring Helmut Veith’s memory, are being accepted by the Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms (VCLA) from deserving, motivated, and international female master’s students who wish to pursue an English-taught program at TU Wien.
Application deadline is April 30, 2023.
VCLA Female Scholarships is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- Lacomputer science
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
VCLA Female Scholarships Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Female computer science students who exhibit extraordinary talent and motivation are given the Helmut Veith Stipend each year. Students who receive the Helmut Veith Stipend do not pay any tuition.
- EUR 6000 each year for a maximum of two years
- At TU Wien, all costs are waived in full.
- The stipend is given for as long as two years during the master’s program.
- The Wolfgang Pauli Institute, the TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), and the coworkers and friends of the late Prof. Veith established the fund.
VCLA Female Sholarships is primarily for Masters students.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the VCLA Female Sholarships:
- For one of the following semesters in 2023: – winter semester – summer semester, applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien offered in English.
- The money will only be given to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program, even if funding applications may be submitted prior to or concurrently with the admissions process.
- Students that are female and fit the criteria below may apply: 1.) A bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer science from the Bologna first cycle, or an equivalent qualification, 2.) Profound expertise in mathematics and technology, as well as an interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s research specialties, which include computer security, foundations of artificial intelligence, formal methods and verification, logic in computer science, and algorithms and complexity theory.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Applicants must submit an application for admission to one of the English-taught master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting records: The following papers must be submitted by students:
- Cover letter, resume, letter of motivation, transcripts of university examinations, diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher), contact information for two references who can write letters of recommendation, English language test score (TOEFL or comparable), and a copy of a passport
- Admission Requirements: Documents that are not in German or English must be submitted with a certified translation. A single PDF document containing an application must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject “Application”. The PDF file must be named “document.pdf.”
- English language proficiency is required (TOEFL or similar)