The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships (QECS) represent a prestigious and impactful initiative aimed at providing opportunities for students from Commonwealth countries to pursue postgraduate studies in various fields. This scholarship program, established in honor of Her Majesty The Queen’s commitment to the Commonwealth, is designed to foster collaboration, knowledge sharing, and academic excellence among member countries.
Administered by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the QECS program offers full scholarships for students to pursue a Master’s degree in a wide array of disciplines at leading universities across the Commonwealth. The scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other essential costs, enabling scholars to focus on their studies and immerse themselves in their academic pursuits without financial constraints.
One of the key strengths of the QECS program is its emphasis on inclusivity and diversity. It seeks to identify talented individuals with exceptional academic achievements and a strong commitment to making a positive impact in their communities. Additionally, the program encourages applicants from marginalized backgrounds or those facing socio-economic challenges, aiming to provide opportunities for those who would benefit most from this support.
Beyond financial assistance, the QECS program offers a transformative experience, fostering cross-cultural understanding and building a network of future leaders across the Commonwealth. Scholars have the opportunity to engage in academic discussions, cultural exchange, and networking events, contributing not only to their personal growth but also to the broader goals of the Commonwealth in promoting cooperation and development.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships represent a significant investment in education and empowerment. By supporting talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, the program contributes to the development of a skilled workforce, promotes sustainable development, and fosters a global community of leaders committed to driving positive change in their home countries and beyond.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Eligibility Requirements For The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships.
- An applicant from a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Age Criteria: There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have attained a minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level to be eligible to apply.
- You must have already completed your undergraduate degree. Final year students are not eligible.
- Funds are only available for two years.
- The QECS awards are for full-time study only.
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
The following universities are participating in QECS 2024
- Bangladesh: University of Dhaka
- Eswatini: University of Eswatini
- Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago: The University of the West Indies
- Kenya: Technical University of Kenya
- Malaysia: Universiti Putra Malaysia, University of Malaya
- Pakistan: COMSATS University Islamabad
- Tanzania: State University of Zanzibar (SUZA)
- Uganda: Makerere University
Method of Application
- Look through the list of countries and universities hosting scholarships in this cycle.
- Visit the relevant university website for more information on your chosen course using the links included below.
- Complete and submit a QECS application for your chosen university/course by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. Once you’ve clicked apply, you’ll be directed to a log in page. If you don’t already have a myACU account, click get ‘get started’ in the right hand corner of the page to start your application.
- Submit an application to your chosen university for admission to your chosen course.
Application Deadline: 10 January 2024.
For More Information,