The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program stands as a testament to the commitment of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to foster international collaboration and academic excellence. This prestigious initiative is designed to empower French higher education institutions by drawing in exceptional foreign students to join their master’s and PhD programs.
Through the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship, the program prioritizes candidates under the age of 25 from developing nations, offering them invaluable opportunities at the master’s level. Additionally, candidates up to 30 years old from both developing and industrialized countries are encouraged to pursue their PhD studies under this esteemed scholarship. By doing so, this program not only supports the education of future global leaders but also promotes the study of critical fields and encourages cross-cultural exchanges among students.
Fields of study for master and doctorate
The two broad disciplines of the Eiffel Scholarship Program embrace the following fields of study:
Science and technology
- Biology and health
- Ecological transition
- Mathematics and digital sciences
- Engineering Humanities and social sciences
- French history, language, and civilization
- Law and political science
- Economics and management
Level of study
- French institutions of higher education and research organizations that nominate candidates for the Eiffel program commit to admit them to:
- – a master’s degree program accredited by the French government
– an accredited engineering program – a joint doctoral program (joint supervision of dissertation and/or dual degree), in partnership with an institution of higher education abroad.
- Length of scholarship period
- For both components of the program, the scholarship is awarded for the academic year corresponding to the call for applications.
The funded study period must begin between September 1 and December 31 of the year in which the scholarship is awarded. The start date cannot be postponed.
Only those parts of the study program occurring in France are funded by the scholarship, except for certain internship or exchange periods as set forth herein.
The scholarship is awarded for:
A maximum of 12 months for awardees entering the second year of a master’s program (M2)
A maximum of 24 months for awardees entering the first year of a master’s program (M1)
A maximum of 36 months for awardees entering an engineering program.
Eiffel scholarships are awarded for a maximum of 18 months in France for doctoral candidates entering their first year of doctoral study on or after September 1, 2023.
Benefits Of The French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters & Ph.D Scholarship Program
Eiffel scholarship recipients receive a monthly allowance of €1,181 in addition to certain direct services, notably international airfare, domestic travel support, insurance, assistance in seeking housing, and cultural activities.
Eiffel scholarship recipients receive a monthly allowance of €1,700 in addition to certain direct services, notably international airfare, domestic travel support, insurance, assistance in seeking housing, and cultural activities.
Tuition and fees are not paid by the Eiffel program at either the master’s or the doctoral level.
Method of Application
Contact the Campus France office in your country of origin or the Cooperation and Culture Office of the French Embassy; both can advise you about your study plans.
Contact the French educational institution or research organization by visiting its website or by emailing or telephoning its office of international relations to learn how to apply for admission (including the date by which your application must be received).
Inform them of your wish to be considered for an Eiffel scholarship.
It is your responsibility to choose the school or university that best suits your plans to study or conduct research in France. All French institutions of higher education can nominate candidates for Eiffel scholarships.
The educational institution accepts and supports your application for the Eiffel scholarship.
The institution files your application online using Campus France’s dedicated website.
- Opening of the call for applications: week of September 18, 2023
- Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January 10, 2024 included.
- Publication of results: week of 1 April, 2024
Application Deadline: January 10, 2024.
For More Information,